As this is still an incurable disorder, the treatment is provided to manage the disease in the right way. This might also include, supporting the patient for staying positive & providing emotional strength to their family. Most common aspects of the treatment plan include:
- Treatment of other diseases contributing to the degradation of mental as well as physical health.
- Motivating and supporting the individual to perform his regular activities without making him feel that something’s wrong.
- Calendars, memos, reminders, and notes should be provided to them so that they can remember things easily.
- To avoid stress, negative thoughts, lonely feeling and depression, they should be motivated to be socially active and interact with friends & family more.
- Support groups are helpful as when you see others fighting and winning over their problems, you also feel highly positive.
- Avoiding alcohol, drugs, and tobacco can also prove to be highly beneficial.